Physiotherapy uses different therapeutic techniques from the health field and should not be confused with the massage therapist or with the massage. The physiotherapist, as a health worker, has the function of prevention, rehabilitation and recovery of musculoskeletal problems, dysfunctions of the locomotor system and postures that generate pain.
Living with pain is not an option, lumbago, tendonitis, sprains, sciatica, plantar fasciitis, arthritis, scoliosis, hernia, lumbago, cervicalgia, etc. So in our study we specialize in advanced physiotherapy, Global Rehabilitation in Motion, RGM, hypopressive exercises, pelvic floor and the treatment of pain due to stress, work, an accident, the practice of sports or the various activities that We perform in our daily routine.
Through physiotherapy we help to combat and prevent injuries and dysfunctions of the locomotor system that can generate pain or discomfort that make our day to day difficult, our physiotherapy team understands the body as a whole.
Physio – Treatment techniques:
Our goal is to apply all the necessary treatment techniques adapted to the patient and his injury so that the pain it causes ceases to be a problem in his daily life and avoid, in the long term, that it reappears.
They are a set of physiotherapeutic techniques that include massage therapy, analytical stretching, muscle chains, joint manipulation or treatment of trigger points for the treatment of pain and recovery of joint and muscle movement. In Estudio Aequus we use this specialty of physiotherapy Orthopedic manipulation of muscles and joints, as a basis for physiotherapy treatments.
The hands are the main tool of the physiotherapist, with them our physios apply different therapeutic techniques, from functional massage, active stabilization, muscular strengthening exercises, elasticity, mobility, movement coordination work, stabilize passively, etc.
We treat sprains, bandages, bruises, tendinitis, osteoporosis, osteoarthritis, arthritis, rheumatism, spondylitis, spondylolisthesis, dislocations, fiber breakage, muscle contractures, back pain, cervical, herniated discs, protrusions, sciatica, cramps, back pain , fracture consolidation, postoperative treatment, meniscus problems, joint instability, paresthesias or tingling in the hands and legs, herniated discs, protrusions, adhesions
At the Physiotherapy Clinic in Palma de Mallorca, we specialize in Puncture Dry, it is a treatment technique performed by introducing a needle into the muscular belly to achieve the normalization of muscle tone. With this technique we treat the myofascial trigger points, painful nodules within tense muscular bands that produce a characteristic referred pain and can generate movement restriction
Dry puncture is a semi-invasive technique that is not liked by all patients despite its effectiveness because needles are used, these penetrate the skin and / or muscle, pressing and contracting the trigger point to deactivate it and thus reduce pain, although post-treatment can be “painful” recovery is very fast and effective.
With this technique we treat the myofascial trigger points, painful nodules within tense muscular bands that produce a characteristic referred pain and can generate movement restriction
It is a technique of elastic bandage and adhesive, very effective from the point of view of physiotherapy, which acts as a second skin with which we avoid the restriction of movement at all times.
The bandage has folds that lift the skin and increases the blood and lymphatic flow in the area reeducating the neuromuscular and proprioceptive system of the area. It acts reducing pain, on muscle tone, improves joint support and facilitates drainage and therefore accelerates the process of repair of injuries.
We can use the kinesiotape in different lesions or painful musculoskeletal conditions such as tendonitis, contractures or muscle shortening, for lymphatic problems such as lymphedema or even in constipation, abdominal pain or diseases such as COPD, but always performed by a physiotherapist.
It helps to improve circulation, reduce pain, minorizes muscle fatigue and helps improve joint mobility.
The nervous tissue can cause pain if it is injured, with this physiotherapeutic technique based on slides and stretches of the nerves we manage to release entrapments along the entire nerve path. Some of the pathologies that improve with neurodynamics are cervical pain and radicular, carpal tunnel syndrome, talalgias, paresthesias in extremities, eliminates toxic substances, increases vascularization and increases the “capacity” of nervous tissue, among others.
Neurodynamics is a physiotherapy technique that emerged to improve pain, stiffness or weakness of the nervous system, through global mobilization. Indicated for neuralgia, fibrosis, lumbar and sciatic pain, pyramidal syndrome, carpal tunnel, parentage, adhesions, etc.
At Estudio Aequus in Palma, we use this technique to facilitate lymphatic circulation when the lymphatic system is altered, the accumulation of fluids and edema. The nervous tissue can cause pain if it is injured, with this physiotherapeutic technique based on slides and stretches of the nerves we manage to release entrapments along the entire nerve path.
It has benefits at different levels such as, aesthetically, as is the case of cellulite or varicose veins and can also be treated with lymphatic drainage both tired and swollen legs, such as bruises or edema, pregnancy, facial, postoperative, so better in the hands of a specialized health professional, a physiotherapist.
Manual Lymphatic Drainage has different effects on our body: Action on the Sympathetic and Parasympathetic Nervous System, relaxing, analgesic, drainage and fluid evacuation, and immune, so it is indicated for many of the pathologies that cause us pain.
The RPG is a method of global treatment of physiotherapy, adapted to each patient that works with gentle stretching and progressive muscular chains with which we manage to work on the morphology, the functioning and the corporal hygiene.
It is a method of manual therapy of evaluation, diagnosis and treatment of pathologies that affect the neuromusculoskeletal system, created by the French physiotherapist Philippe Souchard in 1980.
It is based on 3 fundamentals:
- Individuality: each person is different and unique.
- Globality: the whole body is interrelated.
- Causality: look for the cause of the problem and not focus on the pain or the problem itself.
Through the myofascial induction a simultaneous process of evaluation and treatment is carried out, in which, through movements and sustained pressures applied throughout the fascial system, the release of the system’s restrictions is sought in order to recover the functional balance of the system. body.
The fascia controls all the components of our body and when a part of it is injured it can affect tissues that are far away from the wound or pain, since it functions as a network. The presence of limitations in the correct functioning of the body at the level of the myofascial system, means that it may be in excessive tension or may be too distended, in both the function remains altered. A small change can generate great stress, anywhere in the body.
In our daily life we feel discomfort in different parts of the body, for this reason we rehabilitate it and exercise it to prevent this pain.
From our center we want to provide a global treatment of the whole body, considering it as a whole, therefore, we must take into account It counts a “forgotten” part of our body, the pelvic floor or perineum.
What is physiotherapy of the pelvic floor?
First of all we should know that not only should this part of the body be treated at the time of pregnancy or postpartum, since the pelvic floor is constantly making an effort such as the containment of the viscera that rest on it and that can produce various problems or discomfort, to avoid them should be taken into account the structures of the perineal area.
The work of the pelvic floor physiotherapist is to evaluate and treat perineal dysfunctions not only in women but also in men, especially in pathologies such as urinary incontinence or erectile dysfunction. Some of the causes that can cause a weakening of the floor pelvic in the case of women are:
- Pregnancy, since the weight of the uterus rests on the muscles of the perineum.
- Labor and post-partum
- Women with high body index and obesity.
- Impact sports such as running or jumping causes an increase in intra-abdominal pressure.
- Menopause, which causes various changes in the woman’s system, such as a decrease in elasticity or hypotonia
- Other (chronic cough, aggressive surgery, constipation, urine, etc.).
In the case of men, the main cause is prostate surgery.
In what cases is perineal physiotherapy indicated?
- Pregnancy. It is very important to prepare the mother for this moment by elastifying and toning the structures that are going to work.
- Postpartum During labor the muscles have made a great effort and at this time we must perform an exploration and strengthen the muscles that have been weakened, as well as in case of scarring by episiotomy or cesarean section to treat them.
- Urinary incontinence and fecal or gas incontinence. There is a large percentage of women and to a lesser extent of men suffering from escapes of any of these types, through physiotherapy this muscle can be reinforced and proprioception increased.
- Polaquiuria. The normal frequency of urine is around 7 times a day, in case this is not the case, pelvi-perineal physiotherapy helps normalize the functioning of the bladder.
- Urinary urgency. In this pathology he perceives a sudden and intense desire to urinate that can be the cause of two types of dysfunction, sensory urgency or motor urgency.
- Sexual dysfunction Both taking into account the pain (dyspareunia) and the inability to maintain relationships (vaginismus, erectile dysfunction).
- Constipation. Constipation can be a serious problem if it is not solved, from our center we have physiotherapy combined with exercise and nutrition to help in these cases.
- Prolapses or descent of organs. Because the pelvic musculature has weakened and can not fulfill the function of organ organs. To do this, the musculature must be strengthened again to improve or not increase the degree of descent.
- Chronic pelvic pain or perineal pain. In this area of our body there should not be any pain, otherwise it indicates that there is some disorder that should be valued.
- Perineal massage, to elasticize the tissue and in case of pregnancies we avoid tears or fibrillar tears.
- Myofascial techniques, these techniques allow to influence the control or elimination of painful processes of different origin: myofascial, neuromuscular or visceral.
- Osteopathic techniques. A system of diagnosis and treatment by manual techniques in order to return mobility or functionality to the tissues acting on them, within the limits of physiological mobility.
- Peripheral neuromodulation. Through percutaneous or transcutaneous application and through electric currents, they allow us to stimulate nerve pathways and thus cause physiological reactions in the organism in order to reduce pain, act on the control of the bladder, etc.
- Muscular electrostimulation. Using specific equipment for urogynecology we seek relief of pain, improvement of muscle tone, proprioception of the area, etc. Treatment that can be combined with other exercises that the patient would perform with physiotherapeutic supervision.
- Hypopressive abdominal gymnastics. Method of prevention and abdomino-perineal therapy in which we seek as effects the pelvic floor toning, the toning of the abdominal girdle and the normalization of abdominal pressures.
- Preparation for childbirth From the center we want to accompany and prepare the future mothers in this special moment as it is the birth, for it exercises are done to elasticize and strengthen the musculature, combining it with perineal massage and preparation of the pujos with the help of the EPI-NO.
It focuses on recovering the lost functions after a lesion in the vertebrae, joints, bones, ligaments, cartilage and muscles.
Because the vast majority of patients suffering from orthopedic problems will have alterations in mobility, it is essential that after finishing the program orthopedic these are integrated into a rehabilitation program.
The Orthopedic Rehabilitation program has defined objectives and a specific duration, focused on the patient recovering an optimal physical level for the performance of their daily activities.
The candidates for orthopedic therapy are:
– People who have muscle pain that prevents them from doing different activities, whether work, recreational or normal life.
– People with severe injuries or traumas that prevent having an optimal quality of life such as sprains, dislocations, muscle problems.
– Postoperative patients.
The following injuries can be treated with an Orthopedic Rehabilitation program:
– Cervicalgias (pain in the neck)
– Occipital headaches or occipital neuralgia, a chronic pain disorder
– Shoulder grips
– Rotator cuff injuries
– Carpal tunnel syndrome
– Muscular traumatisms
Currently with the problems or the frenzy of daily life, our body suffers and tensions are created in some areas of our body and we even change our position. One of the ways that our body has to release stress is bruxism, that is, tightening our teeth, usually unconsciously and at night, which is difficult to control.
Consequences and symptoms of bruxism
In the long term, if this problem is not treated it can cause dysfunctions at the level of the jaw (temporomandibular joint or TMJ), some of the problems are the following:
- Pain and / or feeling of fatigue in the jaw
- Difficulty opening the mouth.
- Beep in the ears.
- Dizziness or dizziness
- Headache or migraines.
- Noises in the jaw (clicks).
- Cervical pain (neck).
- Blocking the jaw
Physiotherapy treatments in ATM dysfunctions
Physical therapy can help restore the natural movement of the jaw and reduce pain, for this, it is necessary to reduce tension and muscle spasm, relax the body in general, as well as return normal movement to the jaw, to protect the temporo-mandibular joint of premature wear. In the case of diurnal bruxism, correction of posture is very useful and necessary.
Treatments may include:
- Manual therapy: massage, mobilizations, stretching, dry needling, …
- Active exercises: exercises guided by the physiotherapist so that the patient can perform at home.
- Postural reeducation, in the event that the physiotherapist detects bad habits in the patient, which may influence the pathology.
The RGM System, Global Rehabilitation in Motion
RGM is a system directed by a physiotherapist, which seeks to balance the body and joint stability, both preventive, as appropriate to the needs and pathological of people, with correct progressions and modifications, strengthening the center of the body and learning to use it as previous support of the column. The objective of this functional training is to have a healthy body without pain.
It is progressive, without impacts and in movement, adapted to each person, pathology and age. We work from body awareness, concentration and maximum respect towards our body, helping to recover injuries, achieve greater body functionality and prevent such injuries.
“CONSCIOUS MOVEMENT: Learn to know your body and then be able to self-correct and get a day to day without pain”
Who is it for?
Global Rehabilitation in Motion, in Estudio Aequus, is especially indicated for people with problems of the locomotor system who want to strengthen their body in a safe and healthy way. It works all the musculoskeletal pathologies, being the non-specific back lumbar pain (Low back pain) the most frequent pathology and where the Clinical Pilates has more scientific evidence.
Classes are taught individually or collectively, with a maximum of 6 patients in its first phase or level so that the physiotherapist can offer a fully personalized care and ensure maximum care for our patients since that is our premise “healthy exercise “
1º Previous evaluation to determine the patient’s condition and in which class to assign it
2º Two classes / week:
The first two classes are of introduction to RGM and the following with personalized exercises and individualized according to patient and pathology, depending on which cases will be valued to start with private classes.
The follow-up time will be variable, depending on the evolution of the patient and their pain, depending on the improvement the possibility of deriving them to the second level will be considered.
Once the patient has recovered from his pathology and has achieved the therapeutic goal, if considered appropriate, he will be referred to Pilates classes from other levels in our studies, with specialized instructors for that purpose, to continue with the work of the locomotor apparatus, as a “Maintenance and strengthening” and with a multidisciplinary team with more than 15 years of experience.