Hypopressive Abdominal Gymnastics in Palma de Mallorca
Clínica de Fisioterapia de Estudio Aequus is specialized in hypopressive exercises. Hypopressive gymnastics improves the tone of the pelvic floor and the abdominal muscles: transverse, oblique and rectus abdominis, which form the abdominal belt or the so-called core.
In spite of exercising, do you continue noticing the fragile or weak perineal area, or do you not see reducing fat in the abdominal area? The abdominals so that they are not harmful should be done correctly, only that way they are effective and therapeutic.
What are hypopressive abs?
The Hypopressive Abdominal Gymnastics, GAH: are a series of exercises, especially postural, created by Marcel Caufriez, that at first were thought for post-partum, in which the abdomen is strengthened, after the musculature has been submitted a lot of tension as it is at the time of delivery, yes, without harming the pelvic floor, as if it happens with the classic abdominals.
However, today, the applications of this gym go further, such as: back pain caused by postural problems, since it allows the back to work in a global way even when there is pain, in addition to improving our aesthetics. We must take into account two contraindications of hypopressive gymnastics: hypertension and pregnancy.
Pelvic floor problems can be caused by reasons of the uro-gynecological system (urinary or fecal incontinence, prolapses), postural problems, problems of the spine (scoliosis, rectification) or aesthetic problems such as abdominal sagging or swelling of the belly.
Benefits of hypopressive abs
Disorders that we prevent and treat, as well as the benefits of hypopressive abdominal exercises, are:
We cover all areas. Here we highlight some:
- The recovery of the abdominal muscles and the pelvic floor after pregnancy and childbirth.
- Urinary incontinence resulting from the weakening of the pelvic floor muscles.
- The prolapse or descent of the pelvic floor organs (bladder, womb and rectum). With this gymnastics the organs can be raised up to two centimeters avoiding surgical intervention.
- Gynecological problems sexual dysfunctions derived from the weakness of the pelvic floor musculature.
- In case of hypotonia or lack of tonicity of the abdominal wall. To tone biceps and triceps.
- In postural problems and back pain, because it tones the muscles of the entire spine, improves posture and can be performed when there is pain because it does not involve any movement.
Finally tell the results of a hypopressive gymnastics patient who came 5 months after delivery to try the hypopressive exercises, noted that the belly had been flaccid and lost urine, after 3 months following the scheduled exercise table was it reduced the abdominal perimeter and increased the tone of the perineal muscles and ended with the annoying loss of urine.