We want to make sure that pregnant women stay healthy and comfortable during pregnancy. Our main objective is to maintain or improve body posture during pregnancy, as well as to offer them an optimal physical preparation for birth and for the demands of motherhood. We perform a work of pilates for pregnant compensatory for the different needs that arise with the passage of months, body level, pain, discomfort and pathological.
We have been working with pregnant women for more than 11 years, many of them call us and ask us about “Pilates for pregnancy”, but the work of Joseph P. is not specific, even not recommended, for that reason in Estudio Aequus in Palma de Mallorca, we We refer to physical preparation or compensatory work for pregnant women, it is an activity and specific exercises for them and their baby.
These exercises will help you during pregnancy, during delivery and a better recovery when your baby is born. We always request a document from the gynecologist who advises the physical activity of the pregnant woman and we perform a physical assessment by our physiotherapist specialized in pregnant women and pelvic floor.
Work objectives for pregnant women:
During pregnancy, pilates for pregnant women helps:
- Improve body posture during and after pregnancy.
- Improve body awareness on how to correct body alignment during daily life.
- Teach the principles of breathing and alignment during the beginning of the class.
- Oxygenation of body and baby tissues. Help counteract the physical changes that occur in each trimester.
- Prepare the lower extremities to support the weight gain of the abdomen during pregnancy. And stimulate blood circulation.
- Establish a connection with the baby’s body and the mother’s, improving the relationship.
- Prepare the pelvic floor for weight gain of the uterus, birth and sex. Maintain abdominal functions as support of the uterus and spine, also to prevent irreversible abdominal distension.
- Prevent problems such as back pain, pain in the sacral-iliac joint and lumbago.
- Mobilize the spine in its 4 movements to avoid establishing any deviation during pregnancy.
- Mobilize all the joints of the body.
- Stretch the body, mainly the column that carries the weight of the abdomen.
- Challenge coordination and balance, because the change of positions the balance is altered.
During the delivery:
- Establish an intimate relationship with the movement that helps the labor of childbirth.
- It helps that the delivery is of shorter duration, lower probability of cesareans.
- Working the pelvic floor and abdomen to help the expulsion of the baby.
- Work body awareness and relaxation.
- Improve physical recovery in the postpartum period.
- Accelerates the recovery of the abdominal belt.
- Prepare the upper body for the demands of baby care and breastfeeding.
- Maintain a strong body before the obligations of motherhood.
- Reduction of incontinence symptoms, stimulation of circulation and improvement of constipation.
Come and request information on our Pilates for Pregnant, try one of our classes, and enjoy pregnancy with the least possible discomfort.