Physiotherapy of the pelvic floor in Palma de Mallorca
In our daily life we feel discomfort in different parts of the body, for this reason we rehabilitate it and exercise it to prevent this pain. From our center we want to provide a global treatment of the whole body, considering it as a whole, therefore, we must take into account a “forgotten” part of our body, the pelvic floor or perineum.
What is physiotherapy of the pelvic floor?
First of all we should know that not only should this part of the body be treated at the time of pregnancy or postpartum, since the pelvic floor is constantly making an effort such as the containment of the viscera that rest on it and that can produce various problems or discomfort, to avoid them should be taken into account the structures of the perineal area.
The work of the pelvic floor physiotherapist is to evaluate and treat perineal dysfunctions not only in women but also in men, especially in pathologies such as urinary incontinence or erectile dysfunction.
Some of the causes that can cause a weakening of the pelvic floor in the case of women are:
- Pregnancy, since the weight of the uterus rests on the muscles of the perineum.
- Childbirth and postpartum
- Women with high body index or obesity.
- Impact sports such as running or jumping causes an increase in intra-abdominal pressure.
- Menopause, which causes various changes in the woman’s system, such as a decrease in elasticity or hypotonia
- Other (chronic cough, aggressive surgery, constipation, urine, etc.)
While in the case of men the main cause is prostate surgery.